Hightail is sponsoring a movie pitch contest at the Carmel International Film Festival, which takes place next month, from October 21st-25th.
This year, the festival is expanding its Pitch Program contest with the help of Hightail. Selected filmmakers will have the opportunity to pitch their feature film, documentary or original web content idea to a jury of movie industry specialists in an effort to win the Hightail Award of $5,000. It’s a bit like Shark Tank for filmmakers.
“Through the connections established at last year’s pitch panel, one of our finalists found funding that helped her finish her film,” stated President and Founder, Thomas Burns. “Due to the incredible popularity of Pitch Program, we have opened up submissions to more filmmakers giving them the opportunity to get in front of our panel.”
This year, 30 filmmakers will be selected for Pitch Program and each will get passes to the Carmel International Film Festival, plus three free months of Hightail’s premium creative collaboration service.
If you have a feature film, documentary or original web content idea, Pitch Program is for you. To submit your film idea and have a chance to win the $5,000 Hightail Award, simply follow these three steps:
1) Sign up for Hightail Spaces for free at www.hightailspaces.com
2) Create a Space for your submission and include the following files:
– A Word Doc or PDF with a brief synopsis of the project (under 50 words)
– The status of film (marketing, production, distribution, etc)
– Trailer or promotional video (mov or mp4) optional
– Please do not include financing goals
3) Click the SHARE button to send the unique Spaces link to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submissions is September 30th. You can find full details at the Carmel International Film Festival website.
Tell us when you’ve entered by tweeting @HightailHQ using #HTCIFF. Best of luck.